Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Product Review: Smashbox Eye Beam Double-Ended Brightener

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Smashbox
Name: : Eye Beam Double-Ended Brightener
Size: 3.18 g
Price: approx. $25 CAD

From Smashbox’s website: “This innovative double-ended brightener delivers the look of big, bright eyes while adding skin-boosting ingredients and moisture to the most delicate skin areas. Use the side labeled “highlight” at the inside corners of the eyes and beneath the brow to make eyes appear bigger and wider. Use the side labeled “rim” on the lower inner rim of eyes to makes the whites of the eyes pop.”


To Purr About:
- crayon stick makes application easy, fast and convenient
- 2 colours in 1 product which makes it more versatile
- blends easily
- soft and smooth and glides on easily
- very natural looking on many different skin tones
- adds great looking dimension and highlights to the eyes/brow area
- a great “on-the-go” product as it’s portable and doesn’t require much space

Claws Out:
- I would have preferred a bit more shimmer
- wish I could buy the shades separately as I like the “highlight” end more

Final Comments:
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Smashbox products and this is my first experience with them so I was really excited. I was looking for something to replace my current brow highlighter and decided to give this a try since it looked very similar but was $5 cheaper.

I think that coming in at $25 is still a bit pricey, but I find these crayon type eye shadows and brighteners last a very long time, so it’s worth a bit extra cash if you really love the product.

One problem I have with this product, and that I had with my previous brow highlighter, is that I’m not a fan of the double ended duos. I think it’s a great idea and great if you use both ends equally because it means you only have to bring 1 product with you for 2 purposes, but I always end up liking 1 shade more and wish I could buy just that shade alone and save some money/waste.

I enjoy using this product, and the more I use it the more I like it. I would have preferred if it had a bit more shimmer in it, but that is a minor con compared to all the great pros of this product and the fact that it is slightly cheaper than my previous brow highlighter. All in all, I will probably be buying this product again if I don’t see anything comparable that peaks my interest.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus

image: sephora.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...