Sunday, March 06, 2011

Product Review: Soap & Glory Scrub Actually

Reviewer: Annabella from Skin Scrubs

Brand: Soap & Glory
Name: : Scrub Actually
Size: 200 ml / 6.7 oz.
Price: GBP £6.89 / approx $10.85 CAD

Soap & Glory seem to be the darlings of the blog world and they are a staple of any Boots shopping basket. It is the cheaper sister of spa beauty brand Bliss and made in the UK. S&G are always coming out with new products and while some people may think this is great, I feel like sometimes they churn stuff out for the sake of it and in the UK at least it always seem to be on some 3 for 2 offer. Again some people may think this is great but for me it just makes it a bit too cheap if that makes sense.

S&G have an extensive line of bath and body products which includes plenty of scrubs. I've used a facial and body scrub of theirs a few years ago and I thought it might be high time to give them ago again.

This is a sugar based scrub which is gentler than salt based scrubs. The tube will appeal to those who are in hurry as tubs of scrub in the shower can be fiddly. It has the usual tongue-in-cheek S&G stuff all over the packaging; beauty quotes, instructions, and other propaganda. The scrub itself it a pleasant girly coloured pink so I doubt your fella will be borrowing it. The scrubbing grains are evenly sized and evenly distributed throughout the scrub which is important as I hate runny scrubs. The scent isn't strong and reminds me of a bar of soap - not offensive but not very exciting either.

This contains Sugar, Kukui Oil, Mango Butter, and Vitamin E.


To Purr About:
- The price
- Easy convenient tube
- Good amounts of scrubbing grains
- Skin feels nice aftewards

Claws Out:
- The scent could be more interesting

Final Comments:
I can't actually find anything majorly wrong with this product but it's not something I would purchase again. The reason being is I operate on a different level when it comes to scrubs. They are an essential part of my beauty regime so I have higher expectations. It would be the same if all you ever bought was Chanel lipstick and then tried a Wet-n-Wild one from the drugstore.

The scrub is perfect for those who normally don't bother with body scrubs because it's so easy to use, and the scent is light enough that it won't interfere with any body lotions or perfumes you may use afterwards, and of course the price. I also think this is the target audience of this range and I can't argue with that!

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by Annabella

image: Annabella

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...