Friday, March 23, 2012

Product Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Smashbox
Name: Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer
Size: 30 ml / 1 fl ozml
Price: $50 CAD

What it says on their web site:
Give your skin the moisture it needs with Smashbox Hydrating Primer. It delivers long lasting hydration and an immediate cooling sensation on the skin.

Made with silicone, it provides a barrier to help the water from evaporating off the skin. Glycerin also helps to attract and hold the moisture to the skin, so you’ll stay hydrated all day long. And, like all of Smashbox’s Primers, it is oil-free.

For best results, apply a pea-sized amount of Hydrating Primer to cleansed and moisturized skin, then apply your favorite Smashbox foundation.


To Purr About:
- oil-free
- moisturizing
- absorbs in to skin very quickly and is very light weight
- reduces the appearances of lines and pores
- helps create a smooth and supple palette that allows for easy makeup application
- doesn’t irratate skin
- slim package is convenient
- small nozzle is easy to control so you don’t end up with too much product

Claws Out:
- quite expensive
- doesn’t drastically change the appearance of skin alone

Final Comments:
I wanted to pick up a new primer and I’ve heard great things about Smashbox’s photo finish primer, so I headed to the Smashbox shelf. I was a bit confused to find a whole platora of primers which all seemed to have different highlighted qualities, but in the end I decided to pick the moisturizing primer, since I have super dry skin.

Although the primer is a fun bright blue colour, it blends in colourlessly. It is super light weight and absorbs in to my skin very quickly. I used it in addition to my normal moisturizer and it provided a nice extra bit of moisturize which is really great for the drier winter months and the harsh Canadian winters. And because it is oil-free it didn’t add any oiliness to my complexion.

The primer helped create a nice smooth finish to my skin and helped makeup blend easily. And although it didn’t drastically improve the appearance of my skin by itself, it did help extend the life of my makeup.

I really liked the sleek packaging which made it easy to carry in my makeup bag. The tiny nozzle made squeezing out just the right amount easy.

The only downside to this product is that it is a bit pricey. I’m interested in trying some of the other Smashbox primers in the future.

Rating (out of 5):







Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...