Friday, September 02, 2011

Product Review: Olay Luscious Embrace Cleansing Bodywash

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Olay
Name: Luscious Embrace Cleansing Bodywash
Size: 354 mL / 12 fl. oz.
Price: approx. $6 CAD

What it says on the product site:
"Olay Luscious Embrace Cleansing Body Wash - discover the lush, flourishing beauty of the Amazon when you plunge into this rich lather with jojoba butter and crushed orchid extract. Feel it envelop your body like a botanical-infused steam treatment."

To Purr About:
- seems to clean efficiently
- consistency is nice and thick
- smell is pleasant

Claws Out:
- not very moisturizing

Final Comments:
I recently tried Olay’s Silk Whimsy Cleansing Body Wash and was interested in trying the other line of their new body collection which is the Luscious Embrace series.

The first thing I noticed about this product when I squeezed it on to my loofah scrubber is the icky dark colour. I’m not used to my body wash being such a dark hue, but that’s easy enough to get over.

Although I did find the consistency and smell of the Luscious Embrace Cleansing Body wash to be an improvement from the Silk Whimsy line I found it didn’t leave my skin feeling moisturized. I have extremely dry and irritable skin so this is a huge issue for me.

I think this body wash would be effective for people with oilier to normal skin, but probably will be looking for a more moisturizing body wash next.

Rating (out of 5):






Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

2 comments:

olay said...

I've used the machine for 3 days now and I feel like it has really made a difference in the texture and cleanliness of my skin. My skin immediately felt smoother and free of dead cell debris and my moisturizer absorbed a lot faster and better upon application. In buying Olay's machine, I was really really hoping that it would be the solution to my blackhead conundrum!! I've been plagued with blackheads for as long as I can remember and it's just been a chronic and STRESSFUL concern of mine. In the past, I tried many products that claimed to dissolve blackheads but nothing worked. After using Olay's cleansing system, I could tell that some of my blackheads have already disappeared after only 3 days of use. Furthermore, I could also see that much of the gunk that has been clogged deep in my pores of are also surfacing. I've been having a much easier time extracting my blackheads with a blackhead extractor thanks to Olay's cleansing system.

Overall I would really recommend this product to anyone. Now it's not a magic bullet. I didn't wake up the next day having amazing skin but the subtle improvements in the texture of my skin was enough for me to say that buying this product was well worth it! Many of us often overlook the simple step of washing our face, when little do we know it can make all the difference. There is no way our own hands are capable of achieving what a machine can do. For $30 bucks, Olay cleansing system is a great investment.

olay said...

I am a forty-seven-year-old male who has always had raunchy, combination skin, i.e., too oily on my forehead and too dry around my nose, mouth and cheekbones. My cleansing regiment has always consisted of briefly washing my face with a light amount of Neutrogena Original Formula Facial Cleansing Bar and dabbing Clearasil Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream on extremely oily surfaces which tend to break out with pimples and blackheads. I never use a washcloth, which tends to damage my skin, drying it out and making it look worse than it actually is. When I take a bath or shower, I use the Olay Body Ultra Moisture Facial and Bath Bar. It moisturizes and hydrates my skin (and doesn`t leave a filmy ring around my bathtub). With this regiment, I manage to keep my complexion looking fairly decent.

I was skeptical when first introduced to the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. How could something so dainty and easy to use have a significant effect on my skin? Men naturally exfoliate their skin when they shave; however, unless they are extremely hairy, men only shave once in the morning and they never shave their foreheads, noses and lips. (We do pluck a lot of hair out of our nostrils.) I was extremely curious to learn if the Olay Cleansing System would improve my complexion.

The Olay Cleansing System (see my posted photographs) came with one light-weight, easy-to-grip handle; one brush head; a tiny sample tube of exfoliating renewal cleanser (0.68 ounces); and two AA batteries. Instructions for installing the brush head and the AA batteries are on the side of the box. The brush head is easy to install by simply pressing it on; it automatically locks in place. The batteries, however, were difficult; they tried my patience. The plastic storage compartment for the batteries is tricky to remove because it is watertight. After all, the Olay Cleansing System can be used in the shower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...