Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Product Review: Borghese Splendore All Over Body Bronzer

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten  

Brand: Borghese  
Name: Splendore All Over Body Bronzer
Size: 354 mL / 12 fl. oz.  
Price: approx. $29.50 USD  

What it says in the press release:
This bronzing powder comes with its own brush, so you can give a sun-kissed glow to your body (or face), all without looking unnatural or heavy. Apply as much or as little as desired for just the right amount of "no sun required" glow. What it does:
- provides a subtle shimmer and sun-kissed glow
- skin looks natural, bronzed and flawless
- talc-free, fragrance-free and mineral-oil free

Now that summer is coming to a close, my friends and I are looking for ways to keep that summery glow as long as we can. I've never been one for bronzers - I think because most of the time my skin is too fair and bronzers generally are much darker than I require. Blush is usually the way I go, but Borghese's bronzer seems lighter than mot and had a nice shimmer to it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

To use, you twist the neck of the brush to the right and shake it (the brush) gently to release some powder. To finish, just twist the neck to the left and the brush closes up and keeps powder from spilling out.  

To Purr About:
- built-in, large brush makes it convenient for application
- not that dark, gives a nice, shimmery glow  

Claws Out:
- a little too much shimmer for me for day-wear, but kind of nice when going out in the evening or on weekends
- doesn't really give you a tanned, bronzed look
- takes a little getting used to as you can't really see the powder on the brush  

Final Comments:
If you're looking for a deep, tanned, bronzed look to match your summer look, this probably isn't the bronzer for you. But, if you're looking for a subtle, shimmery "glow", this is a really nice product.

I appreciated the large, built-in brush, although because the powder comes out within the brush when you shake it, it's a little hard getting used to how much product there really is on the brush since you can't see it that well.

A really light touch is necessary, so I generally ran the brush across the back of my hand first in order to ensure I didn't get too much product when applying it to my face. The powder is light and shimmer and does leave skin with a nice "glow". But again, this probably isn't something I would wear to the office every day, but it's nice for going out with friends or a dinner date. :)

Rating (out of 5):  




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: borghese.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...