Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Product News: Reveal by Halle Berry

Brand: Halle Berry
Name: Reveal
Size & Price:
- Eau de Toilette 30 ml: $35 CAD
- Eau de Toilette 50 ml: $49 CAD

I'm not a fan of celebrity-inspired fragrances. I mean, I get the premise and the allure for both sides - for the celebrity, they put their name on something - make some money. For fans, they get to purchase something with their idol's name on it. I understand that in every aspect of retail, but fragrances always irk me because it's always "BY" the celebrity, as if they slaved away in the lab, creating the perfect scent to express themselves. Plus, there are, like, a million fragrances "by" celebrities on the market. It seems to be the latest fad to have a scent with your name on it.

So, I'm trying to look past the celebrity endorsements and more at the product and the packaging (I know you should never judge a book by its cover, but I personally know at least 3-4 gals that collect perfumes just for their bottles).

Halle Berry's latest fragrance, Reveal, comes in a vintage-style bottle shaped like a four-sided teardrop with ridges. The clear glass lets the golden fragrance show through and the bottle is topped off with a jewel-like cut cap.

Top notes: mimosa flower, juicy peach, honeydew melon, red berries
Middle notes: iris blossom, plumeria flower, neroli petals
Base notes: vetiver, cashmere woods, skin musk

image: press release

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...