Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Product Review: Life Hand Sanitizer

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: Life (Shoppers Drug Mart)
Name: Hand Sanitizer
Size: 250 ml
Approx. Price: $3.99 CAD

Scent Tried: Cotton Cherry Blossom

Did you ever read that article about how our work cubicles are the even filthier than public bathrooms? After that bit of knowledge I thought to myself – what better place to store a bottle of hand sanitizer than my desk. Not only because I eat at my desk a lot, but also to reduce the spread of germs.

Life says that this product "kills 99.9% of germs in seconds.”

To Purr About:
- this product did NOT dry out my hands as I had expected
- product left hands feeling clean and slightly moisturized
- it kills germs and reduces the spread of germs

Claws Out:
- the scent it a bit overpowering

Final Comments:
Although there is no way for me to know if this product is killing germs or not, I have to say that I am quite impressed with this product – I’ve been using it everyday at work whenever my hands feel for a couple of months now. It doesn’t leave my hands feeling dry or chalky, and instead they feel a little bit moisturized & very clean after each use. The only thing really negative about this product is that this product is REALLY scented. I got used to the scent quickly, but even my office-mates commented that my lotion was very strong smelling.

For interest - I started looking on the internet if it was bad to use hand sanitizer TOO often. I didn’t find an answer to that question, but I did read on various sites that alcohol content greater than 60% is recommended for effective hand sanitization. FYI: Life’s product contains 62% alcohol (& of course parents should supervise kid’s use of this stuff for obvious reasons).

I would pick up this product again in the future, but only if the other 2 scents are less powerful.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: Shoppers Drug Mart press kit productreviewlife

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...