Tuesday, November 27, 2007

GUEST Product Review: bareMinerals Get Started Kit

Reviewer: Magda

Brand: Bare Escentuals
Name: bareMinerals Get Started Kid
Approx. Price: $75 CAD

Shade Tried: Fair/Light

After watching many infomercials, I must admit I was intrigued to what it had to offe: the look of absolute perfection. Everyone is using it - the stars, the teens, the supermodels. Promising perfect skin, this product is an extraordinary beauty innovation made of crushed minerals from the earth providing feather-light, adjustable coverage for all skin types and conditions with the look and feel of beautiful & bare skin. It's great for acne-prone skin ( like mine).

So, I headed off to Sephora to pick one up.

The product comes in many shades to match your skin tone. The one thing I do recommend is to get the Starter Kit. It is available in different ranges for different skin tones and the one that was right for me was the Fair/Light.

The Kit contains:
- 2 jars of foundations, 0.06 oz each: 1 in Fair, 1 in Very Fair. Both work well with my skin, but the Fair is much better match for me
- Bare Vitamins Skin Rev-er Upper: smoothes out your skin's surface prior to foundation application and contains glycolic and salicylic acids which is great for acne prone skin
- Warmth All Over Face Color, 0.06 oz (bronzer)
- Mineral Veil finishg powder, 0.06 oz
- 3 brushes: 1 concealer brush, 1 Face Brush, 1 Handy Kabuki Brush
- DVD: in-depth How-To Guide that details every product and how to best apply your bare Minerals.

The popularity of the product led to the Fair/Light Starter Kit to be sold out, so it is only available in French packaging. If you are like me and French illiterate you need to go online to view the English explanation of all the products, or just ask someone at Sephora to demonstrate it for you. I did both & I found YouTube to be the key source.

To Purr About:
From day one, the product has been PHENOMENAL. It is super light. You can build your coverage. You only need a little bit of the mineral powder - you swoosh the brush in the lid containing a bith of powder, then buff on the face & repeat for more coverage. The powder acts also as a concealer for under the eyes & blemishes. You then follow with similar swooshing the Veil powder to set the foundation.

I have uneven skin tone & constant breakouts on my chin. Every foundation always leaves that area oily, more prone to clogging and a guaranteed breakout. This product so far has been feeling clean, without the oily feel to it and no breakout. ( I've been using it for a week)

Final Comments:
The amazing part, you can't even tell I am wearing makeup, which is so Fantastic. I feel Free!!

Rating (out of 5):



Thanks for the review, Magda!

If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: sephora.com productreviewbareescentuals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of infomercials - anyone out there ever try proactive? i always see the commercials for it & am tempted to try it. 1 friend of mine was using it with very good results, but it is a bit costly.

Anonymous said...

I have used it & very quickly stopped it as it over dried my face BIG TIME. specially the lotion or maybe the combination of the scrub, toner & lotion. I only have problems on my chin so the lotion I would apply only on that area. With in few days, my chin would start to feel tight & then turn scabby & horrible. It would itch, feel & look horrible for few days after. Not even most hydrating cream would do the trick. I then tried only the scrub & the toner which I would alternate every other day. Still my face would sting from the toner. I resorted to use the lotion only on a monthly breakout& would only put it 2 days in the row. The dryness still would come after that & eventually I gave up. Nothing worse then to have a chin with zits & that looked like dry alligator.

Anonymous said...

I use proActive in my routine & i can't live without it. i definitely do not use it as often as they state to use as it is quite powerful stuff & can dry out the skin, but i find in the right climate & for eczema-prone skin it is great stuff. perhaps the canadian climate is too dry - most of those hollywood stars that are "spokespeople" live in cali where it's way less dry. =) hope this helped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...