Monday, July 30, 2007

Product Review: No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick

Brand: Boots No7
Name: Sheer Temptation Lipstick
Size: 0.1 oz
Price: $13.00 CAD

Shade Tried:
- Excite

When I heard that Boots' No7 line of cosmetics was going to be available in Canada (exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart) I was pretty excited. For those who aren't familiar with Boots, it's a great pharmacy/cosmetics store, similar to Shoppers Drug Mart that I discovered when I was in London last year. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to buy No7 products during my trip, but I was happy to see some of the No7 products at a new Shoppers which opened by my house recently.

This lipstick is hypo-allergenic and has been dermatologically tested. No7 promises that the "creamy formulation allows smooth application."

To Purr About:
- the shade I got was sheer dark red
- the lipstick glides on very easily and feels great on my lips
- sheer colour looks great
- not sticky, not goopy and not drying
- not a high-shine, but perfect for daytime work looks

Claws Out:
- I wish the price was a touch lower so that I could try all the shades affordably
- lipstick isn't that long-lasting and comes off easily

Final Comments:
Even though it doesn't have the lasting power of some other, more matte products, I'm insanely happy with this No7 lipstick and am definitely going to try some of the other shades in this line. I've been looking for nice, sheer, subtle shades that add a hint of colour without too much shine for work and this one is perfect. This is my first No7 product purchase and it's amazing, so I'm definitely going to try out some more from this brand!

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: bootsus.bri-global.com
productreviewno7

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE No7 products, you definitely should try some others. I even lined up to get their Restore & Renew - also known as Protect & Perfect in the UK product (alas, the store I went to was sold out!) :( Still keeping my fingers crossed on getting a bottle though - have you been able to snap one up to try?

Anonymous said...

Restore & Renew is available in select Shoppers Drug Mart stores now. I put my name on a waiting list and just got a call today. Log onto their website (www.shoppersdrugmart.ca) and click on store locator to find the store nearest you that sells Boots products.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

anonymous - please let us know if you end up buying the Restore & Renew & what you thought of it! If you have the time, I'd love to get a review of the product from you!

There's a Shoppers near my house that has the full beauty section, including the Boots products, so I'll definitely have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the US, and I think this Shoppers Drug Mart is only in Canada? I could be wrong and it may be in the States, just not where I live.

Anyone in the US know where I have the best chance to pick one up (besides overpaying on eBay or some other online retailer?)

Anonymous said...

Apparently Boots is for sale at Target in the US. Happy hunting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...