Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Product Review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Rimmel
Name: : Moisture Renew Lipstick
Size: 0.14 oz / 4 g
Price: approx. $7 CAD

Shade Tried: #700 Nude Delight

I'm loving the nude lip look lately but I find that many good nude shades are quite drying. If they're not matte, then the nude shade doesn't offer enough coverage. I've had some luck in finding good nude shades lately (NARS is one of my favourites) so I was excited to find out that Rimmel had a nice nude colour coming out in its Moisture Renew Lipstick.

From the press release: "hydrates lips with polypeptides, hyaluronic acid and natural collagen ingredients, while vitamin A, C and E nourish lips, leaving them with a smoother surface for better colour wear.

To Purr About:
- really nice nude colour
- good coverage - the colour really covered my lips
- it has a matte finish, but isn't drying at all (like many matte lipsticks often are)
- leaves lips lightly moisturized
- goes on smoothly

Claws Out:
- none really

Final Comments:
I love this lipstick. It gives my lips a great nude colour and has a matte finish, but without the dry feeling and goes on quite smoothly. THe main problem I usually have with nude shades is that my lips are naturally quite dark, so it takes a lot of lipstick to cover my natural lip colour, but this one only took one layer, which was pretty amazing.

I've been a fan of Rimmel since they came to Canada, so I wasn't surprised with this lipstick and how nice it was. The price is a great selling point - great lipstick for a great price. Can't beat that!

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten


image: press kit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...