Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Product Review: Dr. Scholl’s Foot Deodorant Spray

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Dr. Scholl's
Name: : Foot Deodorant Spray
Size: 120 ml
Price: $8.99 CAD

With the summer season upon us I’ve been finding myself wearing socks less and less.
Once thing that always bothers me about sandels and ballet shoes is that with no socks acting as bacteria barriers and sweat absorbers my feet can become a bit smelly.

I picked up this Dr. Scholl’s product that boasted that it was "An effective spray for all day protection against foot odors."

To Purr About:
- effectively protected against majorly unpleasant foot odors
- wasn't super strong scented (as the aerosol version is)
- went on clear and didn't leave any residue on my shoes
- allows for discreet application since it isn’t aerosol and doesn’t have that loud
aerosol sound when sprayed

Claws Out:
- doesn’t stop feet from sweating
- isn’t as effective / strong as the aerosol version

Final Comments:
This is the first time I’ve ever tried a product like this, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect.

I initially tried the aerosol version, and although it seemed super effective it was too strong smelling for me. It also turned my feet pasty white and I was a bit afraid how that the pasty white film would get on my black shoes or would look weird when I wore sandals. Although the pasty white on my feet did seem to disappear and didn’t leave any marks on my shoes, I decided to try the less obtrusive non-aerosol version.

After using the non-aerosol product during the warm days I have to say I am quite impressed. There is a definite reduction in the smell and although in extreme heat there is still a bit of a smell it is so much better than before.

Unlike the aerosol version, this one didn’t stop my feet from sweating as much. If you suffer from stronger smelling feet the aerosol version is probably more suited to your needs.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: This product was purchased by
Suziesaurus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Dr. Scholl products... You should also try the Foot Powder, which can help reduce moisture in ballet shoes as well.

Or, another trick to avoid smelly shoes in the summer is to spray them (after wearing them in the day) with an aerosol anti-bacterial like Febreeze or other such products. It kills the bacteria in your shoes, and thus reduces smelly-ness :o)

Mimi

www.mascara-java.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...