Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Product Review: Neutrogena Body Oil

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Neutrogena
Name: Body Oil
Size: 250mL
Price: n/a

Scent Tried: Original (Sesame) Formula

Summer is gone, which means my skin is dry and irritated! I am determined not to suffer flaky skin this year, so I have decided to take drastic measures and try some new things.

I’ve always had lots of luck with Neutrogena products (like their amazing toner) and Cinnamon Kitten suggested I try their Body Oil product.

"Body Oil is a delicately light sesame formula that instantly vanishes into the skin, sealing in moisture. Skin feels moisturized, soft, silky and looks radiant."
(from the Neutrogena site)

To Purr About:
- not greasy
- absorbs quickly in to the skin
- soothes dry and itchy skin
- leaves my skin feeling super moisturized, soft and supple
- helped reduce the itchiness of my skin

Claws Out:
- soapy scent might be a bit overpowering for some people
- very messy – hard to control how much comes out of the bottle
- adds another step to the daily beauty regime

Final Comments:
I’ve tried Aveeno’s bath oil to help with my dry, itchy skin and it worked well, but I’m always on the look out for that perfect product. I was really impressed with this one. It leaves my skin feeling so super moisturized, soft and supple.

I didn’t mind the scent of this product too much, but some people (like my brother-in-law) hates it. So it’s really too bad that the fragrance-free version isn’t sold in Canada.

My only other major complaint would be why they didn’t put this product in a pump dispenser. It’s as messy as baby oil!

Other than that it was a great product that seems to help my skin battle the dry winter weather conditions. I’m still torn as to which one I prefer – the Aveeno product or the Neutrogena product. I think the Neutrogena product gives a longer lasting moisturized feeling, but is more intrusive than the Aveeno product.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: neutrogena.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...