Monday, May 14, 2012

Product Review: Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Veet
Name: EasyWax Electrical Roll-On Kit
Size: 50 ml
Price: n/a

What it says on the box:

“Discover the new Veel EasyWaxTM Electrical Roll-On – an innovative self-heating wax system with a roll-on applicator for salon wax results at home.

Formulated with the same ingredients as the waxes use in waxing salons, Veet wax removes hair from the root at first application, and is effective on hair as short as 2mm.

It is specifically formulated with natural beeswax for all skin types. moisturized, and remains impeccably smooth for up to 4 weeks!”

To Purr About:
- process is simple
- self-heating device with a charging stand is super convenient
- ergonomic device helps make application easy
- re-heating is as easy as plugging device back in
- rolling applicator comes with each wax refill which means no mess to clean up
- wax refills available for sale with different sized applicators for different body parts
- wax cartridge doesn’t have to be used all at once
- comes with strips to remove wax and also finishing wipes to remove excess wax
- affordable price


Claws Out:
- have to over 30 minutes for wax to heat up
- not that effective in removing hair
- have to wash/clean and dry out strips

Final Comments:
I was intrigued when I first saw this product because it is a great idea. It gets rid of the hassle of having to heat the wax by other methods (like in the microwave), which is great. I’m always looking for products to decrease the time I spend on chores like hair removal.

One of the great things about Veet’s EasyWax Electrical Roll-on product is that the heating device is so easy to use. You simply put in a wax cartridge, plug it in, put it on the handy stand and wait for the wax to heat up. The while process was simple and set up was easy and very convenient. No more running back to the microwave to heat up the wax. I found it took a bit longer than the suggested 20 minutes for the wax to heat up, which isn’t always great if you’re looking for a quick hair removal solution, but waxing is rarely a quick routine so that can be overlooked and avoided with a bit more planning. Once the wax was heated it was ready to be rolled on and flowed out smoothly. Re-heating the wax is also super easy as you just have to plug the device back in.

I really like that the wax cartridges comes with different sized roller wheels depending on if you want to do a large area (like your legs) or a smaller area (like your bikini line). Best of all, since the applicator is attached to the wax cartridge you don’t have to clean the roller part after each use.


The wax itself is smooth, liquidy, bright pink and didn’t have a strong smell, It rolled on smoothly, but unfortunately I didn’t find it that effective in removing hair. Maybe this is due to the thinner consistency of the wax or maybe I just need to get the hang of it, but I had to do the same area about 3 times before I got it to work. Once it did work, my hair was removed leaving my skin nice and smooth and hairless.

The wax cartridges come with a package of strips to pull the wax off and also finishing wipes to remove excess wax left on your skin at the end of the process. The wipes were great and removed excess wax effectively. If you run out you can use baby lotion for the same effect.

All in all I loved the user-friendliness of this product and I definitely think it’s an improvement to the wax you have to heat in the microwave. I’m still on the fence whether I’d use it instead of shaving and ready-to-use wax strips, but I will definitely be trying it again in hopes of getting the hang of the technique in hopes that improved skill will equal more hairs removed.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Click Here said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...