Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Product Review: George’s Special Dry Skin Cream

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: George's Cream
Name: Special Dry Skin Cream
Size: 30 g
Price: approx. $4.99 CAD


What it says on their website:
"George's Cream and Moisturizing Lotion were created for lasting dry skin relief. Although there is no cure for many skin problems, George's provides relief from different types of skin symptoms and conditions. It works! That is why it is recommended by dermatologists, pharmacists and physicians. The therapeutic benefits of George's will provide immense relief for those suffering from many different conditions.

George’s Special Dry Skin Cream was created to provide lasting dry skin relief. The therapeutic benefits of George’s Special Dry Skin Cream will provide immense relief for those suffering from any of the following conditions: eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, windburn, cradle cap, winter itch, flaky skin, tough elbow skin,  radiation therapy, sport chafing (runners, cyclists), swimmer’s itch, dry hands and cracked cuticles, foot problems including those associated with diabetes”

To Purr About:
- leaves even the most dry skin feeling soft and supple
- absorbs quickly in to skin
- almost no scent
- nice thick consistency
- easy to smooth in to skin
- convenient travel friendly size
- comes in a “lighter’ version
- available in 3 sizes: 30g, 90g, 450g

Claws Out:
- tiny bit greasy
- doesn’t keep skin moisturized the whole day


Final Comments:
I was quite intrigued when I first picked up George’s Special Dry Skin Cream. The plain white packaging is quite different from other products on the market. When I found out George’s was a Canadian company from Alberta I was super excited. It’s great to try home grown products and who would understand dry Canadian skin better than Canadians?

When I first squeezed some of this product out my first impression was how thick it felt, but was pleasantly surprised when I started applying it to my dry hands. Although it is a bit thick and greasy it doesn’t feel super heavy and is easy to rub into the skin. It absorbed quickly into my skin. It has a very faint plastic smell, but it's super faint and I barely even notice it.

After using this cream for a while I am definitely loving this product. Not only is it almost completely scentless, but it leaves my skin feeling super soft and moisturized. I used it mainly on my body as it is still a bit too heavy and greasy for my face. The only con I found was that I have to re-apply moisturized a few times a day as it doesn’t keep my skin moisturized for the whole day.

Lastly, I love that this product comes in 3 different sized packages. The 30g tube is perfect for travelling and taking with you in your bag/purse.

Rating (out of 5):


Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...