Monday, September 12, 2011

Product Review: Michael Todd Vitamin C Complex

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Michael Todd
Name: Vitamin C Complex
Size: 30 mL / 1 fl. oz.
Price: $62.00 USD

What it says on the product site:
“Our Vitamin C Complex is for those with signs of premature aging such as sun spots, dehydration and loss of elasticity and radiance. High concentration of vitamin C ester gently protects the skin while improving damage caused by the sun and free radicals.”


To Purr About:
- made with 70% organic ingredients
- certified vegan
- pleasant light citrus scent
- convenient pump dispenser with cap
- absorbs into skin quickly
- made skin feel supple and got rid of some areas of minor irritation
- made skin look and feel healthier
- evens out skin tone
- didn’t irritate my super sensitive skin

Claws Out:
- a bit pricey
- can be a bit rich for oily skin types

Final Comments:
In addition to all the stuff I’ve read, my previous experience has made me a firm believer that vitamin C is great for the skin. So I was extremely excited to try Michael Todd’s Vitamin C Complex serum.

Having used this product for a few weeks now I have to say it’s amazing. The subtle citrus smell is so nice and refreshing and it absorbs quickly in to my skin. I find my complexion is improved and my over all skin tone is much nicer since I started using this product. Also, I have an area under my lips that is always dry and flaking and irritated – I’ve tried many moisturizers and even Vaseline to reduce the irritation and nothing had worked, but this product has completely gotten rid of it.

I found the product a bit rich, and since I have oilier skin I didn’t need to use moisturizer after applying this product.

The one major con I can think of is that this product is a bit on the pricier side. That being said, a little of this product goes a long way and I believe the price is somewhat comparable to other similar products on the market. And also with such great results it’s definitely worth it if you can splurge on that one important product.

On a completely side note, I found that taking the cap on & off caused the silver paint on the bottle neck to start flaking off which was a bit annoying because now every time I pick up the product to apply it, I end up with shiny flakes on my hands. I’ve ditched the cap for now since I won’t be travelling with the bottle, but next time I’ll put the cap aside until I need it for travelling purposes.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...