Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Product Review: Olay Silk Whimsy Cleansing Bodywash

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Olay
Name: : Silk Whimsy Cleansing Bodywash
Size: 354 mL / 12 fl. oz.
Price: approx. $6 CAD

From Olay’s website: "Olay Silk Whimsy Cleansing Body Wash, discover a world of romance when you smooth on this whisper light lather with delicate rose extract and almond oil. Feel it hush over you like rose petals floating in a Venetian bath.”

To Purr About:
- it is "light" – as the product is described
- seems to clean efficiently

Claws Out:
- scent is very superficial
- consistency is a bit thin / watery for my liking
- not moisturizing

Final Comments:
I have tried many Olay products in the past few years and I think have mostly had a quite positive experience, but unfortunately after using this product for about a month I have to say I’m a bit disappointed.

The first thing I noticed about this product is the scent. It is strong and I am not very fond of it. And although it’s botanical in scent, it’s not relaxing and I find it very superficial and fake.

Since this body wash isn’t very moisturizing and since my skin is extremely dry and irritable I don’t think I’ll be buying this particular product. I think this product might work well for you if you have oilier skin.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten
image: cinnamonkitten.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried the Olay ribbons one a while back and I thought the same thing about the scent - it was almost like candy and too sweet for my tastes. I like the word "superficial" I couldn't think of a better word than "fake" :P

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
Go to see what’s in my blog! A Miss Taylor giveaway from Sigma is waiting for you! One of the last chances to get this brush free after the change in the affiliate program!
Run, run!
http://esthermorethanmakeup.blogspot.com/
Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...