Friday, October 28, 2011

Cinnamon Kitten Q&A with MUA: Anna Luciano

Makeup Artist Q&A Session with: Anna Luciano

Based in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Connect with Anna:
- Blog: www.iheartmakeupart.wordpress.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/iHeart.makeup.art
- Tumblr: www.iheartmakeupart.tumblr.com

* * * * *

Tell us a little about yourself.

Gosh...there is so much to say about myself! In short, I’m 23 years young, I’m a girly girl in every aspect but at the same time I’m really rough (if that makes any sense). I’m energetic, outgoing, friendly, the life of every party. I’m just somebody people want to be around because of my no b/s, no drama lifestyle =)

Are you a full-time MUA? If not, what else do you do?

I work as a make-up artist, part-time. Trying my hardest to get my big break! I blog about makeup, too! Product reviews, tutorials, hauls, etc. Since my make-up artistry is part-time right now, I work administration full-time at a car dealership. What can I say? I love both my jobs!

What inspired you to become a MUA? Where did you learn/practice your art?

I can’t pinpoint the exact moment I decided this is what I wanted to do as a career. I started on myself, for fun. I never thought I’d be working on other people. I don’t have any professional training, I’ve learned by watching YouTube beauty gurus and practicing like a mad woman on anyone and everyone.


Do you have a specialty or a signature look/colour?

I really love bright lips. Most of the time, the focus is on the eyes but bright, bold lips are just as fun! I’ve got this thing for bright orange lips right now. It’s just so exotic.

What do you love most about being a MUA? What do you hate?

I love the people I met and the continuous learning. Every person is different, they have different ideas, different features, different personalities. I think that’s the most fun part of my job because it gets my creative juices flowing. As terrible as this sounds, I find washing my brushes such tedious work but it HAS to be done - after every use! But I look at it this way, if I’m washing my brushes it means I’ve been working and that’s always a great thing!

In your career as a MUA, what has been your favourite or most creative client job?

My MUA career is just getting started. Mostly, I’ve worked on brides & bridesmaids. I love seeing the look on a bride's face after I’m done. Especially the older brides who love feeling/looking young & youthful on their special day

If you could do makeup for a photo shoot for anyone in the world (living or dead, real or fictional), who would it be and why?

I want to work on Lady Gaga. She is so intense & so fierce.

What makeup brands do you use most in your job and why?

I use a mix of everything! From MAC to Lise Watier to Sleek Makeup and back again!


What are 3 beauty products you can’t live without?

I cannot live without my MAC Fix+ spray, my Lise Watier Havana All Over Baked bronzer and Shiseido lipstick!

What current makeup trends are you loving? Any trends you hate?

I really love a subtle eye with a bright pop of color on the lips. It’s my everyday go-to look at my full-time job.

What’s one great beauty tip that you can share with my readers?

Ladies (and gents), please remember you are ALL beautiful with or without your
make-up. Be yourself, be happy, be healthy, be confident. That’s all beauty really is and we all have it in us.

Anything else before we go?

My services are mobile & I travel all over the Greater Toronto Area. To book me, please contact me via email makeupartbyanna@gmail.com.

You can see my work on my Facebook page and in the Gallery on my Wordpress blog.

Thank you for this awesome opportunity, Cinnamon Kitten!

* * * * *

2 comments:

spaul santiago said...

Wow, I'm amaze of the colors and the combination of it. Love to see more of your work, thanks for sharing.

Designer Replica Handbags said...

Nice post. thanks for sharing. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...