Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Product Review: Korres Yoghurt Body Butter

Reviewer: Annabella from Skin Scrubs

Brand: Korres
Name: : Yoghurt Body Butter
Size: 150 ml/ 5.07 oz.
Price: approx. GBP £12.50 / approx $19.70 CAD

Korres is a Greek skincare and cosmetics company that prides itself on what ingredients it doesn't use. Every product is dermatogically tested and is free of Parabens, Silicone, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, and Ethanolamine. They do extensive research on the effectiveness of ingredients rather than relying on traditional recipes and there is an extensive range of skincare, makeup and hair products. Korres is sold widely here in the UK at department stores and online but the range is so huge I've never seen it all in one place. They also do a fabulous men's products too!

Korres says this is an 'extra moisturising cream for dry skin conditions'. This contains full fat yoghurt, sunflower, avocado, and almonds oils, plus Shea butter thrown in for good measure. It comes in a convenient cylindrical pump much like toothpaste and it's easy to dispense the correct amount. It's nice and thick and does make you feel like you are spreading full fat diary products on your skin!


To Purr About:
- lovely texture and feel
- easy convenient tube
- nice fresh smell - won't interfere with perfumes
- skin stays hydrated all day

Claws Out:
- the price

Final Comments:
This took some time to sink in so it's definitely not for my skin type. I get the odd dry patch here and there but my skin is fairly hydrated most of the time with all the lotions and scrubs that I already use. I've had this problem before with other Korres body butters not absorbing quickly and I just think the formulation just isn't for me. This would be ideal for people who suffer from chronic dry skin especially in the winter.

Even though this is too heavy for me, it should work for people in more arid climates. I love Korres and I always have a least four of their shower gels on the go. I highly recommend trying their products if you get the opportunity.

Rating (out of 5):




image: Annabella from Skin Scrubs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...