Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Product Review: Marc Jacobs Daisy Solid Perfume

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Marc Jacobs
Name: : Daisy Solid Perfume
Size: 0.02 oz. / 0.75 g
Price: approx. $40 USD

From the website: “Daisy ring is a playful and sophisticated must-have accessory. Daisy ring twists to discover the Daisy Marc Jacobs solid perfume. Fresh and feminine, Daisy is a playful bright and alluring scent. Daisy captivates with the luscious freshness of wild strawberry, then blooms with the modern vintage edge of velvety violet petals and finishes with a luminous blend of gardenia and jasmine. The white accords of birch and cedarwood add a bit of intensity.”

This product is a limited edition item. Ring is size 6.

To Purr About:
- sweet and fruity smelling with lots of depth
- convenient to bring with you making perfume touch-ups easy and fast
- comes in an adorable ring
- comes with a cute velvet carrying pouch and a short ball chain
- not too overpowering and therefore doesn’t make my allergies go nuts

Claws Out:
- ring size 6 might not fit everyone

Final Comments:
I love the concept of solid perfumes. My sister first introduced me to the concept when she started collecting some very beautiful solid perfumes compacts that were quite intricate and were awesome collector items.

I love this idea even more – pairing the solid perfume compact idea with accessories I can actually wear. Unfortunately due to the weight, size and flashiness (I actually prefer the previous design of the Daisy solid perfume ring that Marc Jacobs released) of this daisy ring I might not actually wear it out, so luckily it comes with a short ball chain so I can hook it onto my bag/purse for quick perfume touch-ups.

On top of that I am really liking the scent of Daisy. It’s crisp, sweet and a bit fruity all at the same time. I find the scent has a lot of depth, and best of all it’s not too overpowering. It’s a very young and playful scent and although I don’t find it very distinctive I enjoy it nonetheless.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: marcjacobs.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...