Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Product Review: Yardley Moisturizing Bath Bar

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Yardley
Name: : Moisturizing Bath Bar
Size: 120 g / 4.25 oz
Price: approx. $3 USD

Scent Tried: Limited Edition Vanilla Sugar

From the packaging: "Our new Limited Edition Vanilla Sugar moisture bar hits the bath time sweet spot! With cocoa butter, oatmeal and wheat bran, Yardley’s recipe of nourishing and exfoliating ingredients turns out a savory seasonal treat."

To Purr About:
- subtle pleasant smell
- doesn’t irritate my super sensitive skin
- lathers up well
- leaves skin feeling very clean and rejuvenated

Claws Out:
- not as moisturizing as I would like for the cold weather
- not a very good exfoliant

Final Comments:
When I first opened the package of this Yardley bar soap I was excited to see it had pieces of oatmeal and wheat bran in it. I was also pleased that this bar wasn’t super strong in the aroma field as I sometimes get irritated with strong scents.

After using Yardley’s Limited Edition Vanilla Sugar Soap Bar for weeks I have to say that it is a nice subtle soap, but unfortunately it wasn’t moisturizing enough for my skin and the cold weather we’ve been getting lately. I was also finding myself a bit nervous when using this soap bar as I didn’t want to get any pieces of wheat bran or oatmeal stuck in my ear or eyes.

I think this soap may get a very different review in the summer months when my skin isn’t so dry (since I suffer from extremely dry and sensitive skin), but for now I think I’ll have to go back to my regulars.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: yardleylondon.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...