Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Product Review: Sensodyne iso-active Multi Action Foaming Gel Toothpaste

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Sensodyne
Name: : iso-active Multi Action Foaming Gel Toothpaste
Size: 100 ml
Price: approx. $10 CAD

I've never really had sensitive teeth, although this past summer I have noticed that sometimes my teeth are slightly sensitive whenever I eat or drink extremely cold foods or drinks. So when I received a sample of Sensodyne iso-active, I didn't hesitate to give it a try.

My husband (who reviews on this blog as GuineaHubby) uses Sensodyne regularly, but this was my first time trying out a Sensodyne product. Ii was extra curious because this one claims to be "unlike any other toothpaste you’ve ever tried before. It starts off as a gel on your toothbrush, then transforms into micro-fine foam as you brush your teeth. The foam penetrates hard-to-reach places to thoroughly clean your whole mouth and provide protection from sensitivity."

This is also available in a whitening formula.

To Purr About:
- light mint taste that isn't too strong or overpowering
- the gel changes to foam fairly quickly
- the gel expands quite a lot, so a little goes a long way
- mouth feels really clean after use
- less messy than tube toothpaste

Claws Out:
- the mint flavour is fairly light so I don't get that really minty fresh mouth feel after brushing
- a lot more packaging than regular toothpaste

Final Comments:
Wow. I was not expecting so much FOAM. The gel transforms quickly into a thick foam that really coats your whole mouth. So a little gel is all you need to get a really good cleaning. I did find that after a couple of weeks use, my teeth weren't as sensitive to cold drinks, so it definitely does protect teeth.

I love the dispense - it stands up on its own on my bathroom counter and is much less messy than regular tube toothpaste. However, it does mean a lot more packaging than tubes for those that are environmentally conscious.

It is very different than any other toothpaste I've tried and I love the foaminess of the toothpaste. If you have sensitive teeth, then I definitely recommend giving this a try.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: well.ca

1 comment:

Santanu Mondal said...

This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my project.

tooth sensitivity to cold

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...