Thursday, August 26, 2010

Product Review: Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Rimmel
Name: : Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer
Size: 1 fl oz / 30 ml
Price: approx. $8 CAD

From the press release: "an under-makeup base that enhances your complexion minimizing the appearance of pores and fine lines, leaving skin looking smooth. The delicate peach tone helps reduce redness, resulting in longer radiant foundation wear."

To Purr About:
- extremely light
- blends into skin quickly and easily
- primer absorbs into skin and dries pretty quickly
- foundation lasted longer than without the primer
- helped keep my skin matte

Claws Out:
- none really

Final Comments:
Another great Rimmel product. I was surprised at the colour when I first opened the tube. It's a light peach colour, but that doesn't transfer onto the skin. It's a light, non-greasy formula that absorbs almost instantly into the skin without a trace.

It dries quickly and doesn't leave skin "rubbery" like some other primers. I did find my foundation lasted much longer throughout the day in comparison to no-primer (or even in comparison to some other primers) and I didn't find my face was as shiny as usual, so I think the primer helped to keep my face matte as well.

Because it was so light, a little bit goes a long way. Compared to some of my other favourite primers, the price point makes this a really great deal.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: press kit

1 comment:

Lee-Ann said...

I just bought this product and I like it. However I have used it without foundation and I liked the look of my skin with minimal makeup, I looked more radiant. I tried it with powder mineral foundation and I felt dry and cakie! I sampled other such products and felt they were too heavy on the skin...still searching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...