Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Product Review: Softlips PURE 100% Hydrating Lip Butter

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Softlips
Name: : PURE 100% Hydrating Lip Butter
Size: 0.35 oz / 10 g
Price: $5.00 USD

I've tried lots of body butters, but have never tried a "lip butter" so it was pretty interesting to see this Softlips product and I wondered how different it would be from a "lip balm".

The Softlips lip butter has a "tube applicator that provides hydrating SPF 15 protection for very dry lips with zinc oxide, shea butter, jojoba seed oil and beeswax."

To Purr About:
- a teeny bit of this product was enough to full cover my lips
- super moisturizing
- not as greasy or sticky as other soft lip balms
- includes SPF 15, which is great
- I'm a little concerned that it could get too liquidy in the hot months
- hard, slanted applicator makes it very easy to apply

Claws Out:
- none

Final Comments:
I love this body butter! The teeniest amount was enough to completely cover my lips and leave them really moisturized. The applicator is easy to use and the added bonus of SPF makes this a great lip product.

My only concern is that because it's already quite "soft", it's probably not something you can tote around in your bag on those really hot summer days as it may melt quicker than other lip products.

However, I would definitely keep this product around and use it whenever my lips were feeling a little dry or chapped.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: Softlips Facebook page

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...