Monday, June 14, 2010

Product Review: Softlips PURE 100% Natural Lip Polish

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Softlips
Name: : PURE 100% Natural Lip Polish
Size: 0.28 oz / 8 g
Price: $6.00 USD

I seem to be noticing more and more lip polishes on the market, which is a nice trend for me since I like having products specifically designed to help me keep my lips from peeling and wrecking my lipstick application all the time.

I've already tried a couple of very effective lip polishes, but none from a brand that focuses on lip products, so was excited to try the new polish from Softlips.

The Softlips lip polish "provides natural exfoliation for lips with organic coconut flakes and sugar and deeply moisturizes lips with beeswax and natural seed oils like sunflower, mango and castor see."

To Purr About:
- nice light coconut sent
- polish is gentle, but pretty effective and doesn't dissolve away too quickly, giving you lots of time to really give your lips a good buff
- thickness of polish means you don't need to use a lot
- definitely helped rid my lips of flaky skin and made them smoother

Claws Out:
- I don't like that it comes in a pot and requires finger application

Final Comments:
This polish is really good. It's gentle but effective and since the polishing crystals don't dissolve as quickly as some of the other lip polishes I've tried in the past (probably because of the coconut flakes), you can get a good polish with only a little amount of the product.

The only drawback (for me) in comparison to the other lip polishes I've tried is that this one comes in a little pot, which means you need to use your fingers to apply and rub the product in. I'm not a huge fan of any lip product that comes in a pot, probably because I'm kind of lazy and don't like having to clean my fingers before and after applying lip products.

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: Softlips Facebook page

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...