Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Wave Goodbye to Shu Uemura if you live in the USA

Stock up on those eyelash curlers while you can!

I've been reading all over the blogosphere that L’Oreal USA is closing all US operations of Shu Uemura Cosmetics. I haven't been able to find an official press release of the news yet, but I know this is probably going to put Shu Uemura fans in the US into a spin.

The move was apparently made in order for L'Oreal to focus on growing the larger brands in the division's portfolio. Besides Shu Uemura, the Luxury Division contains the Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren and Kiehl’s brands, as well as a number of fragrance licenses, including Viktor & Rolf and Diesel.

Shu Uemura is available in 18 countries (including Canada) and the decision won't affect any other market. Shu Uemura is said to do about 80% of its business in Asia. Of course, American customers looking for a Shu Uemura fix can still order products online.

I love my Shu Uemura eyelash curler (which I grabbed from Sephora) - I remember it instantly made a difference in my lashes compared to my previous curler (which, ironically, I think was L'Oreal).

3 comments:

Suziesaurus said...

Oh that is so sad! i love my Shu Uemura eyelash curler too! it is definitely the only 1 that has ever worked for me & works even without mascara which is incredible!

galpal.hi said...

OMG! Thanks for this info! I am sad to hear this. I too, really like my eyelash curler. It's the best one out there. I even bought one as a gift for my friend since I love it so much. Will need to check out Sephora to see what other things this line has and try it out before it's all gone.

*Kat*

matchstickgirl said...

just wanted to comment on how much i love my shu uemura eyelash curler and see that i'm not alone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...