Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Product Review: The Beauty Works Cellu-Smooth

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: The Body Works
Name: : Cellu-Smooth
Size: n/a
Price: £49.99

Cellu-Smooth claims to be a "anti-cellulite" home treatment system using a form of treatment that involves the use of ‘Ultra Sound’ waves to mobilise the fatty deposits, improving the skin condition and reducing the ‘orange peel’ effect of Cellulite.

"When used in conjunction with a good diet and exercise Cellu-Smooth will help speed up treatment and improve body shape. Cellu-Smooth will help give your skin a healthier and smooth appearance with visible results after two weeks of daily use." (from their web site)

After so many years of beauty blogging, I KNOW that there's no magic treatment out there to banish cellulite, however, there are things that you can do to "lessen the appearance" of cellulite. So I'm always weary about any "anti-cellulite" products, however this isn't just a cream that you spread on your thighs - this one is a little more involved and is more like something you would get in a spa or clinic.

To Purr About:
- very small, hand-held machine was light and easy to use
- included a light gel that wasn't too greasy but has to be used in conjunction with the unit
- doesn't take to long to use and easy to use daily
- the ultra-sonic waves have other uses other than helping rid you of "orange-peel" skin (as explained in the instructional booklet) - I did notice that whenever I used the unit on my sore joints, it helped lessen the pain more quickly

Claws Out:
- of course, my "orange-peel" thighs didn't magically disappear overnight, but I have noticed that they're slightly less visible.

Final Comments:
Ok, I must admit, I wasn't expecting to lose my cellulite overnight. And I haven't been using the product daily as I probably should be. But I have noticed that the "orange-peel" effect has slightly lessened (could it be put down to wishful thinking?). The one benefit is that I have been using it whenever I have sore muscles and joints and have noticed a definite decrease in pain almost within the hour so I know the sonic-waves are doing something, which is why I gave it such a positive rating.

As with many other anti-cellulite treatments, this isn't a miracle cure, but since almost everything that promises to help you banish cellulite costs so much, this is probably money well spent as opposed to "miracle creams".

Rating (out of 5):




Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten

image: web site

1 comment:

prabh said...

very helpful post i like it so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...