Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Product Review: The Soapgirl Sugar Scrub

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: The Soapgirl
Name: : Sugar Scrub
Size: 15 oz / 434 g
Price: $25 CAD

Scent Tried: Cranberry Citrus

The Soap Girl (who I featured earlier in a New Product posting) is a Canadian-based bath and beauty company created in 1999 by then stay-at-home mom, Sarah Crawley. Popular for their whimsical packaging and fresh fragrances, Soapgirl products are a favourite item at numerous gift shows in Eastern Canada. What began as a hobby for a bath-junkie, has grown into a career as Soapgirl products struck a chord with busy women who demand affordable, luxurious and natural products for those few stolen moments.

I love stories like The Soap Girl's. It's great to hear about women entrepreneurs who are creating amazing beauty products. And I must say that I'm now one of the Soap Girl's fans!

The Soap Girl's Sugar Scrubs are:
- vegan
- phthlate free
- paraben free
- synthetic dye free

To Purr About:
- product smells really nice
- scrub is rough, but not too harsh or sharp
- scrub is soft and easy to use (but not too creamy)
- leaves skin very soft and moisturized

Claws Out:
- a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way

Final Comments:
When I first opened the jar of sugar scrub, I actually said "WOW" out loud. The first thing you'll notice is that the Cranberry Citrus smells absolutely amazing. I was already halfway in love with the product.

I wasn't disappointed by the rest of it. It was easy to use, wasn't too harsh, but really did a good job of exfoliating and left my skin feeling really soft and moisturized (the product feels like it has some moisturizing oil in it) and left that lovely scent on my skin (not overpowering though).

I must say that I'm extremely impressed with The Soap Girl's sugar scrub and it's definitely a must-try for the winter season when you need to keep your skin moisturized, but need to slough off all that dead, flaky skin as well!

Rating (out of 5):






If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten.


image: thesoapgirl.ca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...