Friday, November 20, 2009

Product Review: M.A.C. Slimshine Lipstick

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: M.A.C.
Name: Slimshine Lipstick
Size: 2.3 g / 0.08 oz
Price: $17.50 CAD

Shade Tried: Gaily

I suffer from extremely sensitive and dry lips, but I yearn for fabulous looking lips. So when I was at the shopping mall this week I decided it was time I again tried to find that perfect lipstick.

From the website: “A new Lipstick combining creamy emolliency with a unique sheer colour pay-off. Finishes include cream, sparkling pearl and metallic. Provides the shine and moisturizing comfort of a gloss but with a smooth, non-sticky finish. Distinctive on and off. Comes packaged in its own stylish extra-long lipstick case.”

To Purr About:
- 24 fabulous colours to choose from
- glides on effortlessly
- does not irritate my lips

Claws Out:
- a tiny bit drying
- doesn’t stay on super long

Final Comments:
Although I’ve been using MAC products since high school, I haven’t bought a MAC lipstick in years. The last time I did I remember it being very heavy and matte, so I was a little apprehensive since my lips have unfortunately become very sensitive and finicky. However I thought I’d give it another shot in my search for the perfect lips. I was really interested in their non-traditional lipsticks like their slimshine and lip glosses, but I decided on the slimshine as I wanted a less glossy look & a more smooth and silky look.

The outcome - I was really happy with this MAC’s slimshine lipstick. The lipstick looked awesome on and glided on so smoothly. I am definitely going to try more of MAC’s lip products in the near future.


Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.


Disclosure: This product was purchased by Suziesaurus.


image: maccosmetics.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...