Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Product Review: Merlot Natural Grape Seed Purifying Peel-off Mask

Reviewer: Suziesaurus

Brand: Merlot
Name: Purifying Peel-off Mask
Size: 177 ml / 6 fl oz
Price: approx. $16 CAD

(from the product)
"Gently rid skin of imperfections with easy-to-apply formula.
- Rids skin of impurities
- Soothes stressed skin
- Retains skin's natural moisture

Formula works to cleanse skin, eliminate blackheads and impurities, and minimize appearance of pores. Skin is left feeling soft and looking clean and clear."

Instructions for use: Smooth an even layer of formula over face, leaving set for 10 to 15 minutes. Slowly peel mask away, working from bottom of face to top or forehead."

To Purr About:
- left skin feeling super soft and clean
- did not dry out my skin the way other facial masks often do

Claws Out:
- slightly irritated my super-sensitive skin
- a bit messy as product doesn’t peel easily off and can leave bits and pieces dependant on application techniques/skills

Final Comments:
I love trying peels, as they give me that super pampered spa feeling at home.

The first time I applied this product on my face I was sceptical that in 15 minutes I would be able to peel it off, but it proved me wrong. I was able to peel it off mostly and quickly washed off the remnants. I did find application and removal easier with each time I repeated the process as I got used to the product.

After cleaning my face I did find my skin was just ever so slightly red due to irritation, but it wasn't major and I'm not sure if this was just a product of the combination of my cleanser and the peel. My skin did look a little more radiant after each time I use it, so for a twice a week thing I don't mind the slight skin irritation at all.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten.

image: merlotskincare.com

3 comments:

The Mighty J said...

Where can you purchase this?

Suziesaurus said...

Unfortunately I think Merlot products are only available for purchase online.

goingincognito said...

Merlot Peel Off Mask is $14.99 at any Walgreens store. I work there so I thought I'd mention it. I love this stuff too. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...