Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Product Review: ecoTools Sustainable Softness Body Lotion

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: ecoTools
Name: Sustainable Softness Body Lotion
Size: 8 fl. oz. / 236 ml
Price: approx. $7.99 USD

I love the ecoTools line of organic cosmetic brushes so was intrigued when they launched their new collection of bath and body products.

The body lotion features shea butter to "soothe dry skin and provide. long-lasting moisture. Unique formula absorbs easily into skin with a soft, natural scent." (from the web site)

To Purr About:
- nice, pleasant scent that isn't overpowering
- rich lotion that's a bit thicker than most body lotions I've tried

Claws Out:
- takes a bit of work for it to get absorbed into the skin because of the thickness of the product
- doesn't leave my skin immediately silky soft, but after a while, once it's really absorbed, skin does feel moisturized
- isn't sticky or greasy

Final Comments:
I've tried body lotions and I've tried body butters, and this product, in thickness and consistency, falls somewhere in between. It's thicker than most body lotions I've tried, but more liquid than most body butters. It does take some rubbing to get it completely absorbed into the skin and you get the sticky, almost rubbery feeling that some thicker creams leave on the skin. Once I give it some time to fully absorb, my skin did feel softer, but not the silky softness I crave. It isn't greasy or sticky like almost many other body butters and lotions, which is a big plus. Has a nice, fresh scent that isn't too strong (although i still would prefer a unfragranced version).

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten.

image: parispresents.com

1 comment:

Suziesaurus said...

I was very excited to see the ecoTools brand in the local Walgreens while in the US

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...