Sunday, June 28, 2009

Product Review: Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Neutrogena
Name: Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment
Size: 9 ml
Price: approx. $20 USD

As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena products. They always seem to delivery what they promise. But I'm putting this to the test with the Lip Plumping Treatment.

"With age, lips lose volume, definition and colour while developing wrinkles and dilated pores, adding years to your face. In as little as two weeks, new Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lip Plumping Treatment can give you a more youthful-looking mouth. This daily treatment includes oligopeptide to add lip-plumping moisture to help smooth lines, boost volume and rejuvenate lips while broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen provides protection against sundamage. With daily application, the result is lips that are noticeably fuller, smoother and younger-looking." (from the Neutrogena site)

To Purr About:
- made my lips softer and smoother, even when I used them on really dry lips
- noticed a slight plumping, especially in the middle of my lips (top and bottom)
- nice, light glossy so I could wear the product by itself

Claws Out:
- did not notice the small lines on my lips disappearing
- i'm not a big fan of the light, cool feeling that many lip plumpers cause (although, it's better than some which make lips numb)
- didn't care for the application, which is a pump

Final Comments:
I'm not a big believer of any products that promise "lip plumper" action, but this one is better than most. It leaves a slight cooling feeling, but not the usual tingling, numbness that others cause. I did see a slight plumping action, but the tiny lines weren't that minimized. I didn't use it constantly for 2 weeks straight, so maybe that's why I didn't see the best results. It's nice and clear, and leaves a light shine. I also appreciate the sunscreen. One thing I didn't like about this product was the pump. It just makes it more difficult to apply often since I left it in my bathroom for days before I remembered to apply it again.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

Disclosure: A free sample of this product was received by Cinnamon Kitten.

image: target.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...