Friday, October 17, 2008

Product Review: NARS Duo Eyeshadow

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: NARS
Name: Duo Eyeshadow
Size: 0.14 oz / 4 g
Price: approximately $38 CAD / $32 USD

Shade Tried: Demon Lover (iridescent storm blue/ deep indigo)

After falling in love with the NARS lipstick in Honolulu Honey, I couldn't wait to try another NARS product. I'm a big fan of eyeshadows in the purple family and thought the Demon Lover Eyeshadow Duo would be just what I was looking for.

To Purr About:
- 2 complimentary shades in 1 compact
- the eyeshadow is super silky smooth and glided on easily
- I found this eyeshadow powder very smooth and less powdery than almost any other shadow I've tried previously
- colour was very true to what it looked like in the compact

Claws Out:
- slight creasing on my eyelid, even though I used a eye primer
- no built-in applciator means you have to bring a brush with you if you want touch-ups (which I found unnecessary since it stayed on all day)

Final Comments:
I love the feel of this eyeshadow. It's super-light and silky smooth, but the colour is intense and very true to what you would expect. I'm also very impressed with the amount of shades available. There are over 50 colour combinations available, which means everyone should be able to find something to love. There was a slight creasing, even with an eye primer base, but perhaps I should apply a little bit more. The colour is so intense that a little goes a long way.

Rating (out of 5):




Check out all of NARS' products on their website, http://www.narscosmetics.com/.

If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: narscosmetics.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...