Friday, August 08, 2008

Product Review: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Jack Black
Name: Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 with Lemon & Chamomile
Size: 7 g / 0.25 oz
Price: approximately $7 USD

Building on the success of their Intense Therapy Lip Balm with Natural Mint & Shea Butter, Jack Black introduces their Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 with Lemon & Chamomile.

I'm very particular about Lip Balms and find that I'm more picky about balms than I am with lipsticks/lip glosses. This new product looked promising as it promised to be gentle ("fragrance-free, colourant-free, dermatologist-tested") but nourishing at the same time.

All too often, lip balms just disappear without delivering any of the moisturizing or healing properties that they promise.

To Purr About:
- I LOVE the smell of this lip blam - it's a sweet, lemon smell (slightly reminds me of a lemon-meringue pie). My husband commented on the nice smell as well.
- easy applicator helps the gel-like balm glide on
- soft formula glided on easily without feeling too greasy or being too watery
- balm was thick enough to last for a long time
- my lips actually did feel much more moisturized after application
- there's no colour but there is a slight shimmer to it, so I could wear it without any lip colour and it still looked nice

Claws Out:
- no major issues
- the price tag is a little high for a lip balm (for me anyway)

Final Comments:
I love this lip balm, although the price tag is a little high for it to become my regular tote-along lip balm. But whenever my lips need an extra boost of moisture, this would definitely be one that I'd reach for. I also appreciate the SPF 25, which makes it a great summer-time lip treat.

This lip balm is available at places like Sephora, Nordstrom or online at www.getjackblack.com.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: getjackblack.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...