Friday, July 25, 2008

Product Review: Nubar Skin Essentials

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Nubar
Name: Hypnotic Lotion
Size: 2 oz
Price: approximately $4.99 USD

Nubar's line of Skin Essentials is its signature collection of aromatherapy lotions with anti-oxidants. Available in six delicious scented formulas, every lotion is formulated with rich shea butter, essential oils, vitamins A and E and are paraben-free.

Tried:
- Hypnotic - "Emotional Balance", a mesmerizing fragrance with tantalizing hits of citrus
- Pomegranate Delight - "Mind Clearing", a powerful cellular defense with sweet pomegranate extracts

Also available:
- Island Breeze - "Tropical Exotic", a tropical blend with coconut and mango
- Vanilla Passion - "Calming, Sensual", an exotic blend of vanilla and musk
- Delicious Pear - "Calming", a blend of cucumbers, melons and delicious ripe pear
- Euphoria - Spiritualizes the Intellect", derived from sensual vanilla

To Purr About:
- lotion is creamy and rich, but absorbs quickly
- I love the smell of the Hypnotic lotion - it's light and citrusy and really nice
- moisturizing
- small bottle is easy to toss into my bag and bring with me

Claws Out:
- I found the scent of Pomegranate Delight a little too overpowering and sweet, which I didn't really like
- the bottles can cost $4.99 USD for 2 oz and $10.99 for 8 oz, which is kind of expensive to me

Final Comments:
This lotion is really nice and rich, but absorbs quickly and has a nice scent. Of the two I tried, I really, really like Hypnotic but found Pomegranate Delight too sweet for my taste. I would love to try some of the other scents, especially Delicious Pear. My other major complaint is the price.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: bynubar.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...