Monday, July 07, 2008

Product Review: no!no!

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: no!no!
Name: no!no! Professional Hair Removal Treatment
Size: n/a
Approx. Price: $267.50 CAD

I'm a big fan of gadgets. I can't live without my BlackBerry, I love my Wii, and my laptop is on 20 hours a day, so when I was asked to review the no!no! hair remover, I happily put my razor on the shelf and committed myself to weeks of testing and reviewing.

Now, as a warning, I'm blessed in that I have really little leg hair and what I do have is fine (although black, as I'm Chinese). Which is odd since the hair on my head is super thick and coarse and even my hairdresser always comments on how much hair I have. But, I digress...I'm just warning you as your results with the no!no! may differ from mine...

First of all, you need to know that this isn't a short-term fix - you need to commit to using the no!no! a few times a week for at least 8 weeks. After that, you should be seeing less hair and the hair that does re-grow should be finer/thinner.

no!no! works by using Thermicon technology - a process that uses thermodynamic pulses of heat to dissolve the hair follicle. In other words, you're "burning" the hair off.

To Purr About:
- does actually slow down hair growth so after several weeks my leg hair was thinner
- you don't have to wait for hair to be a certain length to use no!no! (like you do when waxing)
- being able to shave less and the hair being thinner when you do shave is really nice

Claws Out:
- the burning smell is really kind of gross
- price is high, but I guess some people will give up razors and waxing appointments so it may balance out
- really hard to use on curvy areas (ie. bikini line, underarms, etc)
- blades need to be replaced and are expensive ($21 USD at Sephora)
- no notification of when you need to replace blade

Final Comments:
I did find that my leg hair is growing back more slowly than before. However, even after weeks of use, I'm still not really used to the burning smell and the amount of time that it takes to use this product makes it not as useful to me. However, for girls who have a lot of leg hair or are regular waxers (I usually shave), this product might be worth their while.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: sephora.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...