Friday, July 18, 2008

Product Review: CoverGirl TruBlend Minerals Blush

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: CoverGirl
Name: TruBlend Minerals Blush
Size: 18 g
Price: Approx. $14 CAD

I recently tried Covergirl’s TRUblend Pressed Mineral Foundation and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to try their other mineral based products.

I have tried a couple of other mineral blushes, but they didn’t seem as effective as my normal non-mineral blushes, but since I was so happy with Covergirl’s TRUblend mineral foundation I just had to give it another shot.

"Blush in a hue that's true to you! This sheer loose powder blush contains natural minerals that instantly give a brightened appearance, for a natural-looking kiss of color." From CoverGirl’s website.

To Purr About:
- available in 2 shades
- very light and airy feeling
- affordable price
- doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin
- comes with a powder press for application

Claws Out:
- obviously not convenient to carry around for touch-ups
- creates a bit of a mess during application
- the powder press it comes with is not very good for applying mineral makeup
- very shiny, has gold flecks in it
- a little too light looking (not blush enough)

Final Comments:
This product is very light & airy feeling which is a definite must for me. The only major flaws with this product were that I had to apply quite a bit for my flushed look and it was a bit too shiny for my liking due to the gold flecks in it. I might pick up the other shade next time - I think this shade (Shimmering Sands) might work better with lighter skin tones, but seeing as I’m not cosmetician it’s probably better to consult the salesperson when buying to make sure you choose the right shade.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: covergirl.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...