Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Product Review: Anastasia Five Item Brow Kit


Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Anastasia
Name: Five Item Brow Kit
Size: n/a
Price: approximately $65 USD

Created by renowned brow expert Anastasia Soare, the Anastasia line has everything you would ever need to make your own eyebrows flawless.

Providing you with the basics, the Anastasia Five Item Brow Kit includes these indispensable brow-shaping tools:
- Instruction Guide
- Precision Tweezers - made of high-quality rust-proof steel, with a slanted tip and calibrated tension
- Brow Powder Duo - a two-shade compact of transfer-resistant brow powder
- four Brow Stencils - made of durable plastic to withstand time and usage
- one Duo Brush (Angled Cut / Spooley) - essential for grooming brows and everyday application of brow products
- Clear Brow Gel - fortified with botanical hair conditioners and essential oils to keep unruly brows in place all day long

Shade Tried:
- Medium Ash

To Purr About:
- instructions are super-easy to follow (only four steps!)
- I found it really easy to measure my eyebrow length, use the stencil and the products
- stencils are soft, so you can easily pat them against your face shape
- brow gel didn't flake off
- kit comes in a handy little case

Claws Out:
- the tweezers were a little big for my hand, so I found it harder to control than my usual tweezers, which are shorter
- is a little pricey

Final Comments:
Previously, I had always gotten my eyebrows threaded, but for the past year, I've been plucking them myself because I just can't afford to go get my eyebrows done as often as I need to (the girl I go to is one of the best in Toronto and charges about $30). So I was really excited to try this kit out and see the results. I was amazed at how easy it was to follow the instructions. In a few minutes I was able to give myself really nicely shaped brows!

It's a little expensive, but it's definitely worth the investment. If you're like me and used to pay for eyebrow grooming, this is a lot cheaper in the long-run!

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: anastasia.net

2 comments:

Lisa G said...

I sooooo want to pick up this kit, as I've got pretty sparse brows (from againg, bleh), but the price always stops me. I make do with a stila brow pencil and EL brow gel. I'm just gonna have to take the plunge *sigh*. Thanks for the review.

ButterflyDiary said...

I prefer the kit over getting my brows done at Sephora. I found their ways of doing brows are so mathematical that my brows looked like they had been prepackaged and stuck on my face without much thought to my face shape.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...