Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Product Review: Hawaiian Tropic Sunblock


Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Hawaiian Tropic
Name: Sunblock
Size: 240 mL
Price: approx. $10 CAD

SPF Protection: 30 (also available in 15, 45, 70 and travel sizes for 15 and 45)
Format: bottle

Claims:
- waterproof
- oil-free

PLEASE NOTE: Because everyone's skin tone is so different and some people burn much more quickly than others, I WILL NOT review sun products for their ability to protect you from getting burnt. You must use your own judgement to choose the right SPF level. Instead, I'll comment on other features (scent, oiliness, etc)

To Purr About:
- thick creamy formula
- absorbs quickly - after I rubbed it in it didn't leave any greasy after-feel or oil on my skin
- very moisturizing

Claws Out:
- the signature "Hawaiian Tropic" smell - a mixture of banana and coconut is slightly too strong for me
- a pretty thick cream - takes some good rubbing to get it all absorbed

Final Comments:
This is definitely a "beach" or "vacation" sunblock. The coconut smell that I've come to expect from Hawaiian Tropic is a little too strong for everyday where, but would be perfect on a tropical island somewhere!

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: hawaiian-tropic-canada.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if insects (like mosquitoes) are attracted to the smell of coconuts and bananas...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...