Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Product Review: Max Factor Vivid Impact Eye Shadow


Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Max Factor
Name: Vivid Impact Eye Shadow
Size: 0.95 g / 0.034 oz
Approx. Price: approx. $5.49

I'm definitely a fan of anything that's convenient when it comes to beauty products. The less time it takes me to get ready in the morning, the better (because it means I get to sleep more!), so these Max Factor eye shadow sticks looked pretty cool.

Available in 10 shade combinations, this is a double-ended loose powder eye shadow that comes with its own built-in applicator. Promising rich, intense colour and an applicator that makes it easy to aplpy as a shadow or a liner.

To Purr About:
- the colour is SUPER intense - the first time I tipped out some powder onto my eyelid I was shocked at how bold the colour was
- very light powder wasn't greasy or too powdery, and stuck to my eyelid quickly and was pretty long-lasting
- once you get used to it, the applicator helped spread the powder on the eyelid quickly
- double-ended product means you get 2 great colours in 1 and the available colour combinations are really cool
- good blending shadow

Claws Out:
- is definitely too intense for everyday wear - definitely not something I'd wear to the office, or even during the day
- powder comes out quite quickly so it's hard to regulate if you're applying directly to your eyelid

Final Comments:
This eye shadow definitely lives up to its name of "Vivid Impact" - the colours are all bold and intense and really POP. The colour combos are well-thought out and there's something that's suitable for almost anyone. However, this is definitely a nighttime eyeshadow - the colours are too intense for daytime wear (for me, anyway). Also, the powder comes out a little too quickly, so it's hard to apply it directly to the eyelid cleanly.

My contact, Samara, shared a nice tip with me on using this product: "If you tip a little bit of the powder out onto a piece of paper or surface and then blend the two shades together (and fine tune the amount of each color), it's easier than trying to blend on your eyelid."

So, this is a great eyeshadow if you want lots of colour and good staying power, but if you want something faster that you can use while on the go (more of an eyeshadow stick than a powder), than don't be fooled by the packaging - this is definitely a powder, and not a stick.

Rating (out of 5):





If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

3 comments:

Arianne said...

Can you let us know where this is available to buy?

Anonymous said...

Hi Arianne,

If you’re in the U.S.~Check out http://www.maxfactor.com/user/get/where_to_buy.do for a location finder of where to buy MaxFactor products.

If you're in Canada~I've done a few searches online & several sources have mentioned that Max Factor is discontinued from Canada. So you might have to buy it online or drive to the US =(

Sorry I couldn't be much help.

CinnamonKitten - if you know anything more, please correct me.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hi Arianne!

I've asked my contact to let me know where we can buy this in Canada, so she's looking into it. If you do make a trip to the US, it's available at Walmart down there.

I'll let you know as soon as I find out something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...