Thursday, April 03, 2008

Product Review: Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Aveeno
Name: Creamy Moisturizing Oil
Size:
Approx. Price: $12 CAD

A few months ago I reviewed the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It was my first use of an Aveeno product and I was very, very happy with the results. My only complaint about the Daily Moisturizing Lotion was that although it moisturized my skin better than any other lotion I've tried, it wasn't "silky smooth".

So I was excited to try the Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil when I read about it on the Aveeno site since it promises to "moisturize all day long to leave skin feeling soft and silky, without the greasy feel of body oil." I went out and bought it the next day.

To Purr About:
- light, creamy formula is super-hydrating and the moisturization lasts a long time
- absorbs quickly, without any greasy residue
- this "oil" (it's a cream) leaves my skin silky-soft - it's amazing

Claws Out:
- it's fragranced - i don't mind the smell (a light, almond scent), but I would much prefer it to by unscented

Final Comments:
I use this cream after my shower every day now and love the feeling of my skin - it's well-hydrated and actually "silky-soft". Also, the pump is super-convenient. This product would have gotten a perfect score if it was fragrance-free.

Rating (out of 5):






If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: aveeno.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boo! I JUST bought a HUGE bottle of their daily moisturizing lotion because i didn't see this product! I really do love the pump though! Their moisturizers are crazy good! probably be best I've found so far.

Anonymous said...

p.s. i LOVE their almond smell! The bath oil also has that scent & it's so nice & relaxing!

Fabuless Beauty said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog and love the idea behind your blog. Anyways, how's the texture of this Oil? Is it like the lotion or more of a creamy oil? I currently use the Moisturizing lotion, but find that it doesn't hydrate my dry skin enough! Stop by my blog if you get a chance.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

hi fabu-less!

Thanks! Glad you like my blog!!!

The texture of this is kind of in-between a lotion and a creamy oil. It's not as thick as a lotion, but it's not as "oily" as an oil. It's very light and absorbs super-fast and leaves my skin soft (wow, I sound like I work for Aveeno!). I have pretty dry skin in the winter and this leaves my skin pretty soft and hydrated for hours, which I haven't found in many other lotions/creams that absorb this quickly (which is high on my list of good qualities!)

BeautyPopStar said...

Hello, I linked to you, am a big fan. Link back if you would like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...