Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Product Review: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand:
Aveeno
Name: Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Size: 227 mL
Approx. Price: ranges from $10-$15 CAD depending on size

I must admit that I've never tried any Aveeno products before so I wasn't sure what to expect when I used this moisturizer for the first time. But, as with most girls, I'm always on the lookout for the "next best thing" to make my skin softer. I'm pretty picky when it comes to lotions and only use products that are quick-absorbing, non-greasy and extra-moisturizing. Winter definitely makes my skin drier than usual and we've been having some severe wind chills in Toronto lately, so I always take this opportunity to test drive new lotions.

The description on the bottle of lotion says that this lotion is:
- dermatologist recommended
- made with natural colloidal oatmeal
- clinically proven to relieve dry skin
- moisturizes for 24 hours
- fragrance free

To Purr About:
- completely fragrance free
- very light to apply and absorbed instantly into my skin
- my skin felt very moisturized
- a day later, my skin was still feeling very hydrated

Claws Out:

- slightly higher in price compared to other body lotions (ie. Jergens, Curel, etc)
- skin was left feeling very moisturized, but wasn't "silky"

Final Comments:
I've been using this lotion once a day for the past week and have definitely noticed a change in my skin texture. My arms and legs feel more moisturized and not dry at all. The only thing is that my skin doesn't feel "silky soft" like some lotions make it, but the effects of the Aveeno lotion definitely lasts much longer than other lotions I've tried.

The first time I used the lotion, I applied it in the evening and the next morning, I went to take a shower and my skin felt so nice, I figured the lotion was still sitting "on top" of my skin. However, nothing washed off in the shower and my skin still felt really hydrated afterwards. I'm definitely going to keep using this lotion. I'm also going to try the Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil, which apparently leaves skin feeling "silky soft", albeit with a almond-like fragrance.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: aveeno.com

5 comments:

kokostiletto said...

Seriously Aveeno is the best. Did you ever try the Aveeno face blemish mask? They discontinued it and I have been searching for it ever since!!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hi bitterbabe! No, I never got to try the mask! This lotion is the first Aveeno product I've ever tried and I'm so impressed with it that I'm definitely going to try other products by Aveeno whenever I can! I absolutely hate it when my favourite products get discontinued!!!

Anonymous said...

I tried this about a year ago, and I've been in love with it since. I also recommend the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer. I had been using a facial moisturizer from Clinique and was finding it a little too expensive to keep up, so I tried the Aveeno Positively Radiant. It's just as good, if not better than the Clinique- at half the price. Very moisturizing, not at all greasy, and with spf 15.
-Jessica (just a random passerby)

Anonymous said...

when I tried this lotion I almost always broke out into little itchy bumps on my legs! Later I read at the Beauty Brains that younger people may be allergic to the natural oats or whatever they put in there.. so this lotion definitely is a big no-no for me!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

cheryl - ooh, that sucks. i've just finished trying another aveeno product (watch for a review soon) and really like it.

but that just goes to show you that everyone reacts to products differently! hence i never try to say that anything is "perfect" because i know that everyone is unique and something i love might not be good for someone else! another reason i encourage guest reviewers - to get more points of view! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...