Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Product Review: Aquafina Hydrating Lip Oil

Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand:
Aquafina
Name: Hydrating Lip Oil
Size: 5 g
Approx. Price: $1 CAD

I've been having a particularly harsh winter this year so have been on a tear trying out as many lip balms and skin creams I can get my hands on in an attempt to find the best product during these "wind-chill" times.

I didn't have super high hopes on this product, but it was only $1, so I grabbed it anyway. On one hand, Aquafina does not make cosmetics, so how could they possibly make a great lip balm (or oil, as the case may be). On the other hand, they do make water, so I guess they do know something about hydration.

The package states:
- "Moisture replenishing system for maximum hydration and shine"
- "Botanically enriched with jojoba oil, almond oil and vitamin E."

To Purr About:
- there was immediate hydration and moisture to my lips and they felt instant better
- the oil leaves a very high-shine and slick look to the lips

Claws Out:

- I personally didn't like the minty flavour (which wasn't mentioned on the packaging)
- the product doesn't stay very long on the lips and disappeared after a few minutes or regular talking, lip-licking other usual activities
- there was a "tingly" feeling, which to me, means that something is irritating my lips - which isn't good if your lips are already chapped or dry

Final Comments:
As I stated at the start, I didn't have high hopes for this product, and it definitely didn't deliver. The idea sounds good - a lip oil should be super-hydrating, but if a product doesn't stay on for more than few minutes, it can't really do a good job. I also didn't enjoy the tingle or mint-flavour.

Rating (out of 5):





If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having major chapped lip problems as well! Can anyone suggest something?

I need SPF-free prodcuts only as my lips are irritated by SPF.

i'm finding the area around my lips being red & chapped & it looks horrible!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....I HEART Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cherry flavor. As soon as I glide it across my lips I instantly want to make out! It's just Vaseline but it does the trick. My lips were super smooth after one application! I am totally hooked! Wanna make out? LOL

Anonymous said...

Vaseline lip therapy? i will definitely have to try that! i'm now at the point that i have a permanently red area around my lips & it is quite painful! i see lots of kids with similar affliction in the winter but i don't remember experiencing it ever! it looks horrible!

Anonymous said...

This comment is really about the aquafina hydrating lip oil. I was using the product until I started seeing little bumps coming on my lips. I used it for a week straight and that is the results of it little bumps on my lips it freaked me out to see that and immediately went and got something else to fix the problem. I really didn't like the tingling sensation either that the lip oil put out. Other than that I don't like the product. I will stick to carmex and chapstick.

Anonymous said...

to anonymous: Thanks for the quick review! i will definitely not be using it after what you have mentioned!

Also, I couldn't find the Vaseline Lip Therapy product today at Shoppers Drug Mart! my lips have gotten worse & i'm freaking out! i look like a 5 year old with chapped lip area! grrrrr.

I did end up picking up Burt's Bees lip product & will try it out. Wish me luck!

xuankristy said...

Yea i used the aquafina for two days and I also noticed the tiny bumps too. I stopped using if after that but my face is drying out with tiny bumps everywhere. Now i have to use this steroid cream and hope it goes away soon. It started on Wednesday of last week.

Sanderlees said...

You have to realize -- have you seen it supplied anywhere else other than the dollarama? i haven't. The dollarama has been caught with counterfeit products... this 'aquafina' lip balm/oil is just a cheap lip product that 'borrowed' aquafina's name.... and if you look carefully on the packaging.. it's not 'perfect'...

Anonymous said...

you must not have used the real Aquafina product. I have had a tube for several months but only use it when my lips get very dry and chapped. Within 24 hours (about 3 uses) my lips are soft and smooth. I wouldn't use it cosmetically - I prefer lipstick.

Unknown said...

I bought the 4 pk at Walmart - 3 sticks and one oil. Yes, it was cheap and figured what could be the harm? Hard white bumps on my lips!!!! YUCK

clbahler@accesscomm.ca said...

At first I really liked Aquifina lip balm and I even bought one more pack of four of them.
After I opened them I decided to read the ingrediants and it made me feel sick because the ingrediants said,
squailene (I remembered that squailene is from a Whale and that was also in the H1N1 needles
ingrediants, yuck)! Is that really healthy for us to put our saliva on? Animals have rights too. So now I have waisted eight dollars on that stuff. I wish they would leave out the squailene ingrediant then I would consider buying it again.
Please if possible, Aquifina Company leave out the squailene .
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...