Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Product Review: Nivea Caregloss & Shine


Reviewer: Cinnamon Kitten

Brand: Nivea
Name: Caregloss & Shine
Approx. Price: $5 CAD

Shade Tried: Natural

With the change of season, my lips have decided that they want to be dry. Extremely dry. To the point where they're cracking and peeling and causing me major consternation. And pain.

So pretty much all my lipsticks and most of my lipglosses have been put on hold as I tried several lip balms and lip salves. Some burned my lips, some dried up my lips and others didn't do anything. In desperation, I went to the drugstore and perused the lip balms that I hadn't tried yet.

Nivea's new product, Caregloss & Shine caught my eye because it not only promised "long lasting hydration to the lips", it also came in 3 shades so I could still have a little shine and colour on my lips.

The shade I tried (Natural) smells of "blueberries, raspberries, roses and violet"; Red smells like black currants, plums, raspberries and strawberries rounded off with roses, jasmine and vanilla; Pink is a cocktail of passion fruit, mango, orange, peach and strawberry with a touch of vanilla.

To Purr About:
- Nice shine (not super glossy though) and a hint of colour
- Not sticky at all
- Slanted applicator made it easy to apply without a mirror
- Quite good lasting power, which was important since this product is supposed to be protecting my lips
- A lot of the products I've been trying in an effort to save my lips have been painful or haven't lasted long once applied, however, this product is long-lasting and felt absolutely amazing
- Very soothing
- Great smell - fruity but not overpowering

Claws Out:
- I liked the subtle shine, but it wasn't super shiny, so don't believe the claim on the packaging that promises "dazzling brilliance due to ultra shine pigments" or the picture on the front with the models who have a super shiny pink lip gloss on their lips - it's more of a subtle, natural shine on your lips

Final Comments:
Ater a week of use, my lips feel super amazing and are definitely much better than they were before I started using this product. I will definitely keep a tube of Nivea Caregloss & Shine handy during the winter seasons and am going to pick up the other 2 colours this week.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: nivea.com productreviewnivea

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I didn't know Nivea had lip care products! I'll definitely have to try this 1 out!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Oddly enough, when I went back to buy the other colours a few days after I purchased the Natural shade, they were completely gone from Pharma Plus shelves - they didn't even have the Natural one anymore. Very weird. Hope they weren't recalled. haha! :)

Will have to find another retailer for these, I guess!

Anonymous said...

I bought red & pink recently! Then I picked up 3 Nivea balms (rose, red & frosty pink) to wear under the glosses...love them!! I don't remember seeing these before and I wonder if they are brand new on the market? Personally I'm tired of gloopy glosses that stick to everything. These have the perfect amount of shine for everyday use.

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Ooh, really? Nivea balms, huh? Hmmm, maybe I should try those out too!

Anonymous said...

Whoa - i totally got to try out these Nivea lip products! i haven't ever seen them at the store, but am definitely gonna keep my eyes peeled this weekend!

Anonymous said...

They sell these overseas. They had a cocoa-ish brown one too that was just a gorgeous colour. There are also balm sticks from Nivea, and I tried the red but the colour was TOO DARK and turned into a hot-pink stain which was really gross and cakey.
WHen I lived overseas I thought that the nivea products were the same as the Labello here- I think that Labello had both the stick and the balm tube like this and it has maybe been re-released as Nivea here? They have the same packaging.
I bought these products (under the Nivea name) all over Asia.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...