Friday, November 16, 2007

Product Review: E.L.F. Brightening Eye Liner

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: E.L.F.
Name: Brightening Eye Liner
Price: $1 USD

Shade Tried: Ash

I’ve never really been an eyeliner wearer, so I’m not a pro at application techniques and don’t have TOO much to compare it to. However I had to try this product when I saw it – how could you beat the price?

e.l.f. says the products’ "gel-powder formulation infused with skin soothers instantly brightens and glides on smoothly without tugging the delicate eye area."

To Purr About:
- The price is definitely right
- Every eyeliner comes with its own pencil sharpener-how cool is that?
- Product glides on easily, making application easy even for an amateur like me
- Comes in 7 sensible shades (coffee, sky, black, midnight, ash, gilded, plum)

Claws Out:
- I find that the product doesn’t stay on very long
- For the time being, e.l.f. products are only offered to Canadians via their wonderful website (eyeslipsface.com), which means there is some added shipping costs) – so make sure you buy in bulk!

Final Comments:
I didn’t find that this eyeliner really brightened my eye area. I used this product for a few months (not daily) & overall, this first experience with eyeliner was pleasant. I wish that it lasted the whole day, but the lasting time could have probably been extended immensely if I had used a primer (such as MAC’s eye paint product that I’ve used in the past with my eye makeup). I try to stay away from primers when I’m just running out on an errand, but perhaps I should suck it up and spend more time on myself. In the end, there is a 50-50 chance I’ll buy this product again as I’m told that 1 of the key elements about an eyeliner is that it glides on with ease.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: eyeslipsface.com productreviewelf

1 comment:

brightening skin care products said...

Really Good Blog ..................... and you talking real sense too. Great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...