Monday, August 13, 2007

Product Review: Rimmel Underground Light Beam Lipgloss

Brand: Rimmel Underground
Name: Light Beam Lipgloss
Size: n/a
Price: $11.99 CAD

Colour Tried:
- Spotlight

I recently received a Rimmel Underground Light Beam Lipgloss and was really excited to try it out. I'm already crazy about Rimmel Underground Loud Mouth and Rimmel Underground Sweet Stuff Lipstick so I had my fingers crossed that my luck would hold up.

The gimmick to the Light Beam Lipgloss is that the product comes with a built-in mirror and really bright LED light.

To Purr About:
- the lipgloss is light and non-sticky and adds a hint of sheer, shiny colour
- lipgloss has a lovely scent
- the mirror is extremely handy for application and touch-ups. I love being able to apply my lipgloss quickly without having to look for a nearby mirror or pulling out my compact

Claws Out:
- the position of the light is such that it often shines right into my eyes as I'm applying the lipgloss, and because of the brightness, I'm temporarily blinded
- the lipgloss is light enough that it doesn't have as much staying power as I'd like


Final Comments:
This is a very fun product. Although I didn't find the light to be very useful, I love the built-in mirror and because of the mirror, this is a lipgloss I've been carrying around with me ever since I received it. It makes application so easy! The lipgloss is glossy and shiny and adds just enough colour and the scent is a nice change from those funky smelling products out there. If Rimmel can bring out more colours to this lineup and perhaps some not-so-sheer tints, this would easily score a 5 with me!

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review about, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found near the top of the left-hand sidebar.

image: ulta.ca productreviewrimmel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd ever be applying lipstick in a place so dark that I'd need a light, but the mirror seems like a great idea! Perfect for quick touch-ups on the go!

Anonymous said...

now i've seen everything!

it's pretty genius though. although if they DID get rid of the LED the container could probably be less bulky.

Anonymous said...

looks cheap and tacky maybe for 13 yr olds only

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not a huge fan of the square packaging, but I don't know if I'd say it's tacky. Is the mark of makeup for older people the price range? I mean, unless you're carrying around products packaged with puppies and sparkles, why would this be something for 13 yr olds?

Not something I'd buy personally, but I can see a whole whack of club goers and bar hoppers buying this and they're definitely not 13.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...