Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Product Review: Vaseline Active Firming Lotion

Reviewer: S.K.Y.

Brand: Vaseline
Name: Active Firming Lotion
Size: 423 mL
Approx. Price: around $5 CAD

From the Vaseline website:

"This firming lotion replenishes the skin with moisture and helps restore elasticity, leaving it smoother, firmer and more resilient."

Key ingredients include:
- collagen & elastin peptides - natural spring-like protein known to give skin its shape
- conditioning moisturizers - restores firmness and resilience

To Purr About:
- I definitely noticed that my skin seemed to firm up when I used this lotion. Unfortunately it's not a lasting effect, and only lasts for less than a day. I guess that would be expecting TOO much though
- The price is affordable and very cheap compared to other moisturizers that have ingredients like collagen in them
- I don't find it super greasy, so I can apply quite a lot without feeling it

Claws Out:
I wasn't too fond of the smell of this product. The smell really reminds me of the Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer that I tried last year. It's not a horrible or overpowering scent, but it does smell more chemically than other moisturizers. One thing I noticed about this moisturizer was that after applying it could be rubbed off (resulting in flakes), which I found weird.

Final Comments:
Overall this was a pretty good moisturizer that felt light, but worked. I would definitely use it again.

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

image: vaseline.ca productreviewvaseline

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat :D

Aromatherapy is one type of beauty treatment which will be carried out by applying aromatherapy oils.

These aromatherapy essential oils are the natural plant oils that help to make your skin smooth and soft and these oils will generate a scent smell while applying.

Through that smell, your mind and body will become fresh.

Anonymous said...

It flakes off? That's weird. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

Hi del,

Hmmm...maybe "flaking" off is the wrong description. It's fine if you don't rub it, but I found that when I scratched my leg or arms for instance even a couple of hours later, some of the lotion would come off. Perhaps it's isn't being fully absorbed in to my skin.

AliciaEnPA said...

i use this but i have not experienced any flaking or lotion comming off. i have seen slight firming results, nothing very noticable. will probably have to resort to slimming body wrap or something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...