Thursday, August 30, 2007

GUEST Product Review: N.Y.C. Eye Liner Pencil


Guest Reviewer: Ashley

Brand:
N.Y.C.
Name: Eye Liner Pencil
Size: 1.8 g
Price: 1.99 CAD

I originally purchased this product as a piece of cheap stage make-up to add to my kit, thinking that I would never use it again after this show. I have always opted to purchase more expensive eyeliners thinking they would be better quality thank something worth 2 dollars. After using it for the first time I no longer use it just as stage make-up but have worn it everyday since I bought it.

To Purr About:
- goes on smooth and doesn't leave clumps or flakes
- lasts all day without fading or smudging into creases under my eye
- full-sized pencil and great price
- can both line and shade with the same pencil
- brown pencils actually match the colour of my eyebrows
- assorted shades and colours to choose from

Claws Out:
- doesn't fit in my makeup bag so it often gets lost in the deep dark depths of my purse!
- doesn't specify a colour on the product so may be hard to find another one when I run out
- colour is hard to judge by the outside of the pencil. The blue colour is way lighter and brighter than the pencil looks
- setting out samples in the store would be a good idea to test the colour before you buy, I noticed some had the seal broken in the store probably because of this!

Final Comments:
Overall I really love this product! I plan to continue purchasing it when I run out. I have finally found everything that I had been looking for in an eyeliner. I also like some of the funkier colours they have, it's great to have fun with bright colours when I go out and want to be noticed.

Rating (out of 5):



Thanks for the review, Ashley!

If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found in the left-hand sidebar.

images: newyorkcolor.com productreviewnyc

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...