Monday, July 02, 2007

Product Review: Rimmel Infinite Colour

Brand: Rimmel
Name: Infinite Colour
Size: 0.135 fl oz / 4 mL
Approx. Price: $6.74 CAD

Colour Tried:
- Wear It Well

The third zero-transfer lipstick that I tried (the previous 2 were L'Oreal products), one end of this product is the lipcolour and the other end is a gloss coat. As with most other 2-in-1 lipcolours, you apply the colour first, let it set and then apply the topcoat.

Unfortunately, there were no testers where I bought this product, so I had to go by "look" alone. And even more unfortunately, I ended up with a shade of pink that was just too far into the fuchsia family for me, so the lipstick was a write-off after I tested it for this review.

This product promises up to 10 hours of colour and gloss. I never kept it on long enough to test that claim, but it definitely wasn't going anywhere during the time I had it on.

To Purr About:
- yummy sweet smell
- after letting the product set, I took my fingers and tried very hard to rub the lipstick off - there was absolutely NO colour transfer at all!
- the lipcolour is very soft and smooth and doesn't dry out your lips
- the top coat is less sticky than other zero-transfer product top coats I've tried

Claws Out:
- as with many lipsticks that don't budge, this lipstick is still slightly drying on the lips
- because of the smoothness of this product, this one takes a little longer to "set" than other staying products
- the colour on my lips was much brighter than in the tube, so a nice subtle rose ended up being a hot pink, so beware if there are not testers around!

Rating (out of 5):




If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found near the top of the right-hand sidebar.

image: ulta.com productreviewrimmel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know about the lip-drying aspect of non-budging lip products. My lips are prone to dryness, so I have to stay away from drying lipsticks.

Does this product cake up at all at the sides of your lips? I find this problem with real-lipsticks, which is why I stick to glosses.

Ps. Awesom new banner cinnomankitten!

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hey cliniquegirl -

No, I didn't find that the product caked up on the corners of my lips, which happens a lot with some other thick lipsticks.

I generally like glosses as well, just to avoid any messy clumps, especially when the weather is hot & humid!

Thanks! Glad you like the new look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...