Monday, July 09, 2007

Product Review: Erth Minerals Moth Veil

Brand: Erth Minerals
Name: Moth Veil
Size: 13 g
Price: $11.00

A very translucent mineral powder with a slight tint, this moth veil can be used alone or over foundations and concealers. It's perfect for concealing pores and giving your face a soft, more even and less shiny look.

Ultra-fine and silky in texture, Erth Minerals guarantees that you'll love it.

Right now I've been using the Moth Veil as a finishing powder. After my usual makeup application, I finish off with a light dusting of the Moth Veil all over my face.

To Purr About:
- blends easily and smoothly into the skin
- I have a VERY shiny T-zone and usually have to blot/powder at least 6-7 times a day while at work. With the Moth Veil, I've found I've only had to powder once or twice
- so lightweight that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing an extra layer of product at all
- no strong fragrance

Claws Out:
None, really, except that if you've never used a mineral product before it takes a little practice to get used to the extremely loose and light powder

Final Comments:
I LOVE this product. It's so light and translucent, that once I apply it, I don't notice it at all, yet it keeps the shine off my T-zone all day. It's definitely a keeper. I highly recommend this product to anyone. A little goes a long way and the price is extremely reasonable for a mineral powder.

For more information or to purchase, check out the Erth Minerals web site here.

Rating (out of 5):



If you have a product that you've tried and would like to write a review, send me an email! Details on how to submit a review can be found near the top of the right-hand sidebar.

image: lushbrush.com productreviewerthminerals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CK,

Great site! A few questions:
- Is Erth Minerals available to purchase in Toronto?
- How would you rate the coverage on the Moth Veil product, vs. a regular translucent powder?

I am very intersted in mineral products and have been looking at Erth for a while now.

Thanks!
noodle

~Cinnamon Kitten~ said...

Hi noodle!

To my knowledge, Erth Minerals isn't available in stores but you can order through their website (www.lushbrush.com) and they do ship internationally.

Besides the Moth Veil, I also sometimes use MAC's loose powder and Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder.

The Moth Veil is very comparable, although the coverage is more sheer than other powders. I generally use it more for shine control than colour coverage. It's extremely light and has a nice, light fragrance.

I think a benefit of mineral makeup is that it's better for sensitive skin than other products. Luckily for me I don't have sensitive skin but I know many others who do would appreciate it.

Hope that helps!
~CK~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...