Friday, June 01, 2007

Product Review: Softlips Lip Balm

Brand: Mentholatum
Name: Softlips Lip Balm
Size: 2 g
Price: $2.77 CAD

Flavours Tried:
- Ravishing Raspberry

Everyone loves to have soft, supple lips which means we should always have some form of lip balm around. I usually stick to a small tin of Rosebut Strawberry lip balm, but it's not always the most convenient thing to tote around, especially when you want to quickly put on some lipbalm without using your fingers.

For some reason I've always been attracted to the packaging of the Softlips lip balms. I don't know why, they're not particularly flashy or spectacular, but maybe it's the simplicity of the clean white tube that's appealing. So I picked one up a little while ago and here's what I thought:

To Purr About:
- very light, non-medicated feel that glides on easily and makes my lips feel instantly soothed
- SPF 20
- light, thing tube is easy to slip into a pocket or purse
- great price and value

Claws Out:

- no real complaints except maybe that the lasting power of this lip balm isn't as good as some other lip balms I use (ie. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm or Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm)

Final Comments:
I'm still curiously attracted to the Softlips tube and like the light feel of the lip balm. The added SPF 20 is a great bonus and for the price, it's so much more affordable than most other comparable lip balms.

Rating (out of 5):




images: londondrugs.com productreviewsoftlips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Soft Lips stuff. I normally use Soft Lips Tinted Pink (I forget the actual name, maybe it's Shimmering Pink??). I like that it tints, but looks natural, and the case is small and sleek.

Anonymous said...

I've also always oddly drawn to this product. I think it's the slimness of the lip stick that attracts me. Not many lip products (that aren't balms/glosses) come in this sort of thinner lip tube that i can think of off the top of my head.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...